Key points of Trinitarian Christ-Centered Theology
- The Triune God created all people to participate through the vicarious humanity of Jesus Christ in the love relationship enjoyed by the Father, Son, and Spirit.
- The Son became human, the man Jesus Christ, to reconcile all humanity to God through his birth, life, death, resurrection and ascension.
- The crucified, resurrected and glorified Jesus is the representative and the substitute for humanity at the right hand of the Father, and he draws all people to himself by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- In Christ, humanity is loved and accepted by the Father.
- Jesus Christ paid for all our sins – past, present, and future – and there is no longer any debt to pay.
- The Father has in Christ forgiven all our sins, and he eagerly desires that we turn to him.
- We can enjoy his love only when we believe that he loves us. We can enjoy his forgiveness only when we believe he has forgiven us.
- When we respond to the Spirit by turning to God, believing the good news and picking up our cross and following Jesus, the Spirit leads us into the transformed life of the kingdom of God.
Our denomination, Grace Communion International, also provides a helpful Statement of Beliefs and can be found at our denomination’s website.
Glorifying God by developing (transforming) fruit-bearing disciples that have a flourishing relationship with Jesus (without fear, shame, guilt, or doubt).
Our Vision (within 3 years):
- Every member that is willing and able is connected to and engaged in a small group care community and involved in some service capacity in their neighboring location with a desire and capacity to reach others in the ministry of redemption.
- Every member that is willing has a solid theological foundation and can communicate their understanding of salvation to those who ask, and engaged in spiritual formation (spiritual habits) by abiding in the vine and growing in a flourishing relationship with Jesus Christ and experiencing the fruit of the spirit in their lives.
- We establish a mission and discipleship outpost within a community that provides a building we can brand as our own with weekly access along with Sunday morning worship, ample parking, seating capacity of 200+, and economically viable/sustainable.
Our Positioning Statement (Motto of what we say and do):
Loving God, Loving Others – without fear, shame, guilt, doubt.
Pastor Craig’s Priorities and Commitments to You:
- Maintain and develop my ongoing personal relationship (spiritual habits and practice) with our Triune God, so that I can help you to be renewed by abiding in the vine, bearing fruit, thereby flourishing in your relationship with the Father, Son, and Spirit, and achieving the abundant life Jesus promised.
- Getting to know each and every one of you while loving and accepting you just as Jesus does.
- Building deep relationships over time employing the 3 C’s (coffee, coke, cocktail) during your best part of the day, chosen location, and go-to refreshment.
- Helping you to love yourself and to realize you have no reason for fear, shame, guilt, or doubt in your relationship with our Triune God.
- Prayer and ministry of the Word by preaching and teaching the gospel of Jesus through Trinitarian Theology.
- Discerning and releasing your gifts for ministry, fully employing your time, talent, and treasure by identifying where you are on your discipleship pathway and encouraging a way forward in growth of grace and equipping you to help build the kingdom doing Jesus Work in his process of redeeming humanity.
- Discover your current and/or desired areas of participation in light of our target service communities to share the gospel through service and action in love (Luke 15:10 – joy in heaven over each one redeemed).